Here is a lesson plan idea for teachers or parents for grades K-1. This lesson plan focuses on plot.
Supplies: The book Red Penguin and the Missing Sushi by Eileen Wacker (order here), crayons, ruler, pencils
Objective: Learn about plot
- Read Red Penguin and the Missing Sushi to your child or students.
- Discuss plot with your child or students. Plot describes what happens in a story or the events that place in sequence.
- Discuss the plot of Red Penguin and the Missing Sushi with your child and students. Prompt them by saying, “And then what happened?”
- On a board place events on a chart with the labels – beginning, middle and end.
- Have your child or students copy the plot diagram onto a sheet of paper using crayons, pencils and a ruler.